Friday 29 June 2012

Kate in Emilia Wickstead... but get the look for less!

When the Duchess of Cambridge wore a £1200 Emilia Wickstead dress to a garden party at Buckingham Palace with Camilla, everyone did a double take. Not just because Kate looked exquisite but because she had worn that dress just 11 days before, at a lunch for sovereign monarchs at Windsor Castle with Prince William. Either way, I thought it was great to see the dress again, and for me it is one of my favourite Kate outfits. The pink colour really complimented Kate's brunette hair and brought out her eyes.




Today, I bring you another style stealer and this time it really is a bargain. Not many people have £1200 lying around in their bank account, but most people - although not all - can stretch to £29.99. Now, as you know, I love Kate Middleton's style, but as I have said time and time again, sometimes just emulating Kate's style is enough, you don't need to be a Kate clone. So, when I saw this dress in the Zara sale I instantly thought of Kate. It has a structured shoulder design feature, long-sleeves, appropriate length and it is in that gorgeous shade of vintage dusky-pink, but it doesn't have the pleats, so you won't look like a Kate clone. What are you waiting for... grab a bargain and thank me later ;) Don't forget to team with nude courts ala Kate and not heavy black shoes ala Zara model!


*Update: Practise what you preach! I popped to Zara this afternoon and look what I found... This is a bit big for me, it should be fitted around the waist more, so I will search for a size smaller.


No comments:

Post a Comment