Friday 20 July 2012

Kate Middleton, Stella McCartney, the Olympics and a Steal

How gorgeous did the Duchess look yesterday in the Stella McCarteny 3/4 length sleeve Olympian blue crepe shift dress? Some people are claiming that this was Kate's most fashion-forward outfit to date. I'd have to disagree. While on trend and chic (Stella is a very popular go-to designer amongst fashionista's; you only have to look at her spotty illusion dress), it was still a very conservative, demure style. It was also very 'Kate' - the cinched in waist, the hem-line, covered up arms.....It also had a whopping price tag: £515.

I like some of Stella's designs; they're laid-back chic, crisp but there are other designer labels I would prefer to see Kate wear. However, the dress looked fantastic on the Duchess, especially teamed with the timeless Prada footwear. What's more, Stella is the official designer for the British Olympic kit, so it was really a great outfit choice by the Duchess.

Instyle



I like the look, and I also believe it's such a simple design to emulate and incorporate into your own wardrobe, so I've had a nosey around the Internet to bring you a brand new style steal!

My number one choice is this lovely dress by Closet - sold through Dorothy Perkins. It comes in at only £45.

Brandalley, the online outlet retailer, is selling Closet clothes very cheap at the moment. Closet is a great label to go to if you are looking for dresses with tell-tale Kate features (waist-detailing, tailored) that are cheap. 

Second up is a stunning dress from Whistles. The Camille jersey dress is a little dearer than Closet and comes in at £95. I think the Whistles dress is a little closer to the mark, but it's also more expensive, and I'm conscious of the fact I often offer quite expensive alternatives to Kate's outfits.




Don't forget to team your dress with black courts and a gold neckless, and don't forget to let me know what you think of the alternatives by rating below. Tick the box that most applies!

Happy shopping and have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Aussie Mum in Chicago22 July 2012 at 18:53

    Think the color is right - but the shape/material really isn't something I would see the Duchess in. How about this JCrew dress?
    http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/dresses/weartowork/PRDOVR~48444/48444.jsp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aussie Mum! This dress is another great alternative, but in a greener tone! Let me know if you come across any other Kate alternatives! I love hearing other people's ideas. On a personal note, I love J.Crew - its clothes have great sharp cuts and they're so laid-back yet chic, like Stella's designs, but much cheaper on the whole!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate is just lovely. The way she dresses herself is very beautiful. She looks pretty all the time. I wish I look as lovely as her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Molly, I totally agree; Kate is beautiful. She was blessed with some very good genes! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete